Robbie Mcewen, the former great Australian sprinter is also known as one of the fastest road cycle racers of the world. He has delighted all the cycling fans over the years with his amazing performances at various events including Tour de France. He holds numerous records which have remain untouched for many years. Recently, Andre Greipel broke his record at 2013 Tour Down Under for 12 stage wins. He is one of the most celebrated cyclists of all time with a fabulous record of winning 3 green jerseys from Tour de France and more than 200 cycling races at the professional level.
This great Australian sprinter was known as Rocket Robbie during the peak time of his career for his fast speed. He started his road cycling career at the age of 18 and from then he never looked back. His major winning events include:
• Tour de France- 3 green jerseys in 2002, 2004 and 2006 (12 stages).
• Tour Down Under- 12 stages win.
• Giro d’italia- 12 stages win.
• Paris Brussels- 6 time winner.
• Paris Nice- 2 stages win.
• Dwars door Vlaanderen- 2003 winner.
• Grote Scheldeprijs- 2002 winner.
• Australian National Road Race Champion- two times champion. (2002 and 2005)
• Vattenfall Cyclassics- 2008 champion.
The glorious career of Robbie McEwen came to an end last year after he rode for the last time at the Tour of California. He took retirement at the age of 40 when he officially rode at the UCI World Tour for his team Orica Green Edge. Now, he works as the sprint coach or technical consultant of the same team. He launched his autobiography in 2011 which is titled as One Way Road. You can purchase it from the official website of Robbie McEwen. You can also follow him on twitter to know more about his life and latest updates.